New Asia College Ch’ien Mu Library
Hire of Exhibition Facilities Guide for Hirers
- A person or an organisation applying for hiring exhibition facilities should send a completed application form enclosed with sample of recent works to the Library (either hard or soft copies are acceptable).
- Internal Units and Members of the Chinese University must make the deposit of HKD500.00 within two months subsequent to the approved application or three months in advance of the exhibition (whichever sooner).
- Any external parties are required to pay hire charges in addition to the deposit. The amount is calculated according to the hire duration and the administration costs incurred. The Library will confirm with the Hirer the total charges after receiving the application in order to validate the application.
- In case of unexpected incidents, the Management Committee of the University may at any time and in its absolute discretion cancel an application. Fees and deposit (if applicable) shall be returned without any interest or compensation to the Hirer. The Library shall not be responsible to the hirer for any loss or damage caused by such cancellation of the exhibition.
- The Hirer is responsible for the set up and dismantling of the exhibited items.
- Only copper nails and stainless steel picture frames can be used for hanging up the exhibits. Screws and glue are not allowed.
- All bouquets that cannot be utilised for decoration have to be removed five days after the opening of the exhibition.
- At the end of the exhibition, the Hirer should vacate the space and remove all properties brought and resume to a clean and tidy condition.
- It will be the Hirer’s liability for any damage caused to the hired area and facilities during the hiring period and should pay to the Library on demand the cost of any repairing or refurnishing.
- The Library has installed CCTV in the exhibition areas but it is the Hirer’s responsibility for the reception, security, insurance and safeguard of exhibits, etc. The Library shall not be responsible for any injury to any persons or any loss or damage to any properties arising out of hiring the areas by the Hirer, however and by whomsoever caused.
- The Hirer should provide the Library with promotion materials, posters in Chinese and English two months in advance of the exhibition. The Library will arrange the posting with relevant departments.
- The following message is mandatory in invitation card of the exhibition: (For non-members of Chinese University of Hong Kong, please present this invitation card for admission.)
- The Hirer has to provide the Library with the invitation list of non-members of the University for record.
- Only the outdoor reading zone on the 2nd floor is available for refreshment purpose. The Library is not responsible for the logistics of the refreshment session. The Hirer has to arrange the cleaning and resume a clean and tidy condition of the venue.
Rules & Regulations
- The Library management committee has the right to review the exhibits, reject and terminate the exhibition and approve all the activities taken place in the exhibition venue.
- Library regulations apply to all exhibition area(s) in the Library.
- The hours for exhibition will be the same as the opening hours of the Library.
- Eating and drinking are prohibited in the Library except the venue for refreshment.
- Two categories of hiring period are offered:
i. Two to six weeks for internal parties of the University
ii. Two weeks for external individuals. Special application will be handled case by case
- The Hirer should not allow any noise, particularly noise arising from construction or moving of display stands, or the operation of sound equipment, that may cause annoyance to the users of any other units.
- The Hirer should not in any manner infringe any copyright and shall indemnify the Library against all claims, actions, demands and costs by reasons of any infringement of copyright.
- Except with the prior permission in writing of the Library, the hirer should not transfer or sublet the approved applications to other persons.
- The Library reserves all rights not to refund the deposit or to charge a certain amount of administration costs in case of cancellation of the exhibition with any reasons.
- Selling of any kinds of merchandise or exhibits are prohibited in the Library and the exhibition venue.
- The Hirer should, in case of queries, follow the instruction of the Library staff during the hiring period.
- If the Hirer fails to observe the “Terms and Conditions of Hire” or the Library Regulations, the Library may, without notice, cancel the booking and terminate the hiring.