Hong Kong e-Legislation (HKeL) is an electronic database of Hong Kong legislation established under section 3 of the Legislation Publication Ordinance (Cap. 614). It is maintained by the Department of Justice. HKeL provides current and past versions of consolidated legislation dating back to 30 June 1997 and PDF copies marked “verified copy” have official legal status. Different searching and viewing modes are available to facilitate access to law.
Verified copies of legislation with legal status will be progressively made available on HKeL for official use. In parallel, the existing Loose-leaf Edition of the Laws of Hong Kong will be phased out gradually.
: As of 1 July 2018, the Hong Kong e-Legislation has become the only government legislation website. The previous Bilingual Laws Information System (http://blis.gov.hk) has been discontinued.
1. Enter your search term(s), choose “Title”, “Content” or “Cap. No” and then press “Go To”.
2. Scroll down to view different lists. You can subscribe to RSS feeds and email alerts.
3. Alternatively, you may browse Cap. No. or Title by clicking “Browse” menu.
4. To search legislation with pending updates, go to “Search” menu, and then click “View legislation with pending updates”.
5. Search “Minimum Wage Ordinance” in the search box by “Title”; results include both Chinese and English versions.
6. Click “Chapter 608 Long Title” to open the Ordinance, click “Show Whole Document with TOC”, and then select the version you wish to view.
7. Check off sections you wish to view on the TOC.
8. Scroll down to click “View” button; only selected section will be shown on the right.
9. Open PDF copy with a green check mark – verified by the Department of Justice (DOJ) with legal status.
10. “Verified Copy” appears at the footnote of the ordinance.
For How To Use Hong Kong e-Legislation guide created by DOJ, please visit: https://www.elegislation.gov.hk/howtouseeleg
For Frequently Asked Questions and videos, please visit: https://www.elegislation.gov.hk/faq