Practical Law Company (PLC) is an online legal know how database. It provides peer reviewed resources, such as practice notes, current awareness and standard documents.
Accessing CUHK’s Practical Law Company (PLC):
CUHK’s staff and students with WIFI connection will be required to enter EasyAccess login before using PLC.
7. Use “Select Multiple Filter” to narrow down your results by checking off resource type, practice area and/or jurisdiction. Click the + sign to display more sub-categories.
8. To sort your results by “Relevance” or “Date”
9. Decide how much detail to display in your result records. “Less detail” displays basic information on the resource type, jurisdiction and status; “More detail” displays a brief abstract of resources within your results with highlighting in your search terms; and “Most detail” displays up to four snippets of the resources with highlighting in your search terms.
10. Jump to a particular section within the resource by clicking a heading.
11. View the title and author of the resource.
12 View the outline of the resource.
13. Check off the box to see the highlighted term(s).
14. “Maintained” means the resource is updated regularly.
15. Click “View Resource History” link to find a record of past updates of the resource.
16. “Related Content” takes you to a list of related resources and topics located at the bottom page.
17. You can email, print and/or download (WORD, RTF or WORD) the resource.