● Lee Quo Wei Law Library: 3943 8641
● Legal Resources Centre: 3943 0927
北大法寶 pkulaw.cn is one of the most comprehensive bilingual databases for searching PRC laws and regulations (since 1949), cases, journal articles, and gazettes.
1. CUHK users can search the database title "pkulaw" directly on CUHK Library Homepage under LibrarySearch tab, and then click "browse" button.
2. Click the given link to access pkulaw.cn.
3. Or access pkulaw.cn through A-Z Databases by Law page under #.
4. If you are not automatically logged in with CUHK IP account, click IP登录 (IP Login). If you use WiFi, please be noted that only five concurrent users are allowed to log in at once.
5. Click a tab for searching a particular legal source. For example, if you look for legislation, click 法律法规 (laws & regulations). Type in keywords or a title in Simplified Chinese and then choose whether the search term appears in title or text, and then click 检索 (search).
6. Open a search result, there are links to relevant information (e.g. regulations, cases, articles etc) under 法條聯想 to that result. The links direct users to fulltext if available.
7. Enter a search term and click “search”. Results can be sorted by levels of courts, judicial procedures, and types of judgments.
8. Click 案例报道 to search for cases that are reported.
9. Pkulaw.cn has a comprehensive collection of Chinese journals. Click a journal title and then either search by title or browse by issue.
10. Click English to search translated / English PRC legal materials.
11. To download, open a search result and then click the link “Download”. A popup box will appear, users can decide the format and language of the document.