Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
MakerSpace: A New Space for Creative Learning
Welcome to the MakerSpace
Welcome to the MakerSpace, a new space for creative learning, innovation and collaboration!
The Learning Garden has been providing 3D printing and scanning equipment, and a collaborative working space alongside with high-performance multimedia workstations. To move forward, a new MakerSpace in the Learning Garden has been renovated to support creative learning. It contains:
- Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) concept applications and development
- Creative media production of digital content
- A flexible prototyping and digital fabrication workspace with hot benches, laser cutter, 3D printers and scanners for hands-on workshops and classes
Avaialble Equipment in the MakerSpace
Service Model: Self-Service
Level: Easy to Use
Equipment: 3D Printer, 3D Scanner, Lightbox, Lego set
- The MakerSpace is for all current CUHK students and staff. The eligible users of different kinds of equipment and facilities may vary.
- Users are required to pass the Safety Test. The requirements of the Safety Test will be announced later.
- First-time users are highly recommended to set up a Consultation Session with staff to learn how to use the equipment and facilities in the MakerSpace. Please contact the Learning Garden HelpDesk to reserve a time slot of the Consultation Session.
Terms of Service
- There is no charge to use most of the equipment in the MakerSpace. Users are responsible for the costs of consumable materials, such as 3D printing filament, laser cutting acrylic material.
- Users are responsible for any damages of the furniture and equipment in the MakerSpace.
- Unless otherwise approved by the University Librarian, the MakerSpace is reserved for booking and use by eligible users for educational and non-commercial purposes ONLY.
- Users should comply with copyright, patent, and other intellectual policy regulations, which do include specific exceptions for fair use. CUHK Library staff reserves the right to refuse any usage request.
Workshops & Consultation Services
- The Library will organise workshops to introduce how to use the equipment provided in the MakerSpace and will invite guest speakers to talk about latest trends of the maker culture. We will provide more information later.
- You can request for a consultation session on introducing how to use equipment and facilities in the MakerSpace. Please contact the Learning Garden HelpDesk (tel: 3943 9730, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact Learning Garden Help Desk
|Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
|Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
|Public and University holidays