VisualDx is a diagnostic clinical decision support system designed to enhance diagnostic accuracy, aid therapeutic decisions, and improve patient safety. This tool helps healthcare practitioners to quickly search by diagnosis, build a patient-specific differential, or review travel or medication-related events at the point of care.
Quick Search for Diagnoses
1. Enter your diagnosis in the text box. The database will show the diagnoses matched with keywords entered.
2. Select the diagnosis from the options shown.
View the Results
3. Click on the topics on left column to view related text.
4. Click on the images to enlarge. You can print, save or email the images.
5. Select a source under Other Resources to start a search in UpToDate or PubMed with your search terms.
6. The date when the content is last updated is shown on the bottom of the record.
Build Differential Diagnosis
7. Enter the chief complaint, symptom, diagnosis or medication in the text box. The database will map the diagnoses for the keywords entered.
8. Select the item from the options shown.
9. Alternatively you can press the Quick Start Differential Builder to build a custom differential diagnosis.
10. Click on the subject on left column and select the chief complaint.
11. Refine your diagnosis by selecting options for onset, symptoms, social history, etc.
12. Select the age range and gender of the patient.
13. You can input additional findings in the text box.
14. Press the View this Differential button when the input of findings is completed.
View Differential Diagnoses
15. The differential diagnoses matched with the findings are shown. You can arrange the results by photos, symptoms or list form.
16. Click on the differential diagnosis to view the brief record at the bottom.
17. Press the See Full Article button to view the full record.