UpToDate is a point-of-care resource for health information. It is an evidence-based, peer-reviewed clinical resource to assist with diagnosis and treatment by providing specific answers to clinical questions, increasing users’ clinical knowledge and improving patient care.
1. On the top main menu bar, click on the pull down menu of Contents for more options. The What's New icon allows you view updates by a list of specialty topics. Select Practice Changing UpDates to check for recent updates of practice guidelines.
2. To begin a search, type your search term into the search box. Possible search terms include names of diseases, symptoms, laboratory abnormalities, procedures, drugs, and classes of drugs.
View your Search Results:
3. At the top of the search results page, results can be filtered by Adult, Pediatric, and Patient. Each result includes title along with three direct links to the key sections within the article.
4. Click on any of the search results, the left panel provides links to every section within the article. This allows easy navigation to the most relevant content.
UpToDate offers calculators associated to different medical specialties:
To access, select Calculators at the top left hand corner of the page.
Lexicomp drug information is directly integrated into UpToDate. You may search for drug information on UpToDate platform.
1. Enter the drug name into the search box.
2. Search results related to the drug e.g. warfarin will be displayed. Select the generic one.
3. For more detailed information on the drug, select the direct link to access them on Lexicomp database.
You may also search drug interactions on the UptoDate platform. Select Drug Interactions from the top main menu bar and enter the drug names for analysis.