Embase (Excerpta Medica dataBASE) is a comprehensive biomedical and pharmacological database of drug, disease and device information including 32 million+ records indexed from over 8,500 indexed peer-reviewed journals.
The Advanced Search screen offers more ways to search authors, titles, keywords etc and offers Subject Heading mapping.
1. Type your search term in the text box. You can choose Keyword, Title or Author to search.
2. If you don't need to map your search term for Subject Heading, press Search.
3. To map your keywords for EMTREE Subject Headings, check the checkbox and then press Search.
EMTREE Subject Headings Mapping
If an EMTREE Subject Headings can be mapped for your search term, a list of Subject Headings is shown.
4. Select the Subject Heading(s) to search.
5. Check Explode if you want to include the selected term and all of its more specific terms in the searching.
6. Check Focus if you want to limit your search to those articles in which the subject heading is considered as the major point of the article.
7. If more than one Subject Heading is selected, choose AND, OR for your Boolean operator and press Continue.
8. Select Subheadings of the Subject Heading to search for or check the box to include all Subheadings and press Continue.
Combine & Limit Searches
9. Check the boxes to combine search strategies.
10. Combine the selected searches using AND, OR Boolean operators.
11. Limit your search results by year, publication type or language and press Search. Press the Additional Limits button for more limiting options.
View & Output Results
12. Click on Abstract to view the abstract of the article
13. Full text may be available as PDF for some article records.
14. For those records without full text provided, press the Findit@CUHK Library button or,
15. Click the Full Text link to search for full text.
16. Check the All box to select all records or select individual records.
17. Press the icons to print, email, save to folder or export records to citation management tools, e.g. RefWorks.