You may create alerts in the Web of Science that will inform you by email when a new publication (matching the search criteria you have saved) is added to the database. Please find the steps below.
- Access the Web of Science HERE.
- To create an alert, you need to sign in to the Web of Science with your credentials for ResearcherID, Publons, or Endnote. These tools share the same sign-in credentials. If you have not created an account yet, you can register by clicking "Register" and then complete the registration form.
- Enter the search criteria in the search box such as an author name and affiliation, and click on “Search”.
- Remark: You may specify the searching period in the index date boxes.
- Enter a name for the alert.
- Remarks: Please enable “Send me email alerts”.
- Click “Manage Alerts” for more setting options if needed.
- Select the alert frequency, daily, weekly, or monthly.
When you have received a new publication alert, you can create an AIMS record following the step 1 - 12 of Add New Records by Importing from External Databases.
- In Step 4, you may search the new publication in the Web of Science by Title or Publication ID.
- The publication ID is the Accession Number shown in the document information section of a Web of Science record.