UpToDate is an evidence-based, peer-reviewed clinical resource to assist with diagnosis and treatment by providing specific answers to clinical questions, increasing users’ clinical knowledge and improving patient care.
For UpToDate mobile app, please see the Medical Mobile Apps Library Guide.
1. Type your search text in the open box and press the search button to search across specialties. Possible search terms include names of diseases, symptoms, laboratory abnormalities, procedures, drugs, and classes of drugs.
2. You can browse lists of topics by specialty,
3. Click Practice Changing UpDates to check for recent updates of practice guidelines.
Prioritizing Search Results:
4. Search results are prioritized into adult, pediatric, or patient information topics, and graphics category. Displaying all topics is the default setting.
5. Click on the topic title to view the content.
View Your Search Results:
6. The information shows the time when the topic is last updated.
7. Click on the headings on left column to view related text.
8. Enter keywords to find within text.