Some legal databases offer alerting services. Alerting services allow you to set up a profile detailing the subjects that interest you. The database will then alert you by e-mail each time new material is added which matches your interests.
To set up an Alert, look for the Alert “bell” icon. You’ll find it at the top of most screens when you’re conducting tasks that may require updates.
Email Alert is available for Lexis Advance® Hong Kong individual account.
By using individual Lexis account: (for staff only)
To create an email alert, you can go to your own Lexis account to login by your individual Lexis ID and Password at this link:
i) Search Result alert
1. Enter your search term(s)
2. Click on the bell icon on the result list page
3. A Search Alert menu pops up. You choose the content types (on Monitor view), freuqency (on Deliver view) and and enter users’ email address(es) (on Deliver and Share view), then click Create Alert.
4. An alert has been created. You may revise your alert.
ii) Publication/Daily Cases alert
You may set up an alert to receive updates of publications and cases.
1. On Publications, choose the title you wish to set an alert on, and then click Go to Advance Search.
2. You may add search terms and a specific section, then hit Search.
3. Click on the bell icon to create the alert.
4. A Search Alert menu pops up. You choose the content types (on Monitor view), freuqency (on Deliver view) and and enter users’ email address(es) (on Deliver and Share view), then click Create Alert.
iii) Legal Topics Alert
1. Click Browse
2. Click Topics, then click Create a topic alert.
3. Set your preferences, then click Create Alert.