1. After you sign into your account, you are popped to your dashboard. Click "Create Plan" to start creating your DMP.
2. Input the project title and select the primary funding organization, if available on DMP Tool. Click "Create plan". The DMP template of the primary funding organization will be used for creating your DMP. You can also use the CUHK DMP Template.
If you would like the template of your funding agencies to be available on DMP Tool, please contact the Library at email@example.com.
The CUHK DMP Template is available with the following steps:
Under the "Project Details" Tab, you may input the funder of your project.
If you are applying for a grant from the University Grants Committee (UGC), you may type "University Grants" and select "University Grants Committee (ugc.edu.hk)".
Under the "Project Details" tab, you can input the details of your project.
You may choose from the full list under "Select Guidance" for guidance provided by institutions of your own choice. The selected guidance will be shown under the "Write Plan" tab.
If you use the CUHK DMP Template, the guidance from CUHK will be shown automatically, without the need to choose from the full list.
Guidance is shown under "Write Plan" tab:
1. To prepare for linking your DMPs to your research output(s) in the future, you can list your anticipated research output(s) by clicking "Add a research output" button under the "Research Outputs" tab.
2. Fill in details about your intended research output(s) in the following page.
The range of anticipated research output is wide.
3. You can click "Add a repository" to link the DMP to the repositories where you will deposit your research output(s). The CUHK Research Data Repository is also listed. Type "CUHK" in the keyword field to find it out.
4. You may initially assign a license to your research outputs. CC-BY-NC is recommended.
Under "Collaborators", you can add the details of contributors and invite collaborators. Keeping a good record of ORCID here can facilitate the DMPs to be associated with the contributors properly. ORCID of PIs will be shown in the final DMP.
Details of multiple contributors could be added. The role of the contributors could be data manager, principal investigator, or project administrator.
Download the plan in various formats with the selected content. The formats include: csv, html, pdf, text, docx, json. It is suggested to check also "project details coversheet" and "related works" which are unchecked in the default.
When your plan is ready, you may share it with the CUHK community (Organization) or the worldwide DMP Tool users (Public). You may also keep it private.
DMP IDs track connections between your DMPs with research outputs such as datasets and articles. To register for a "DMP ID" for your plan, you have to complete the followings:
1. answer at least 50% of questions
2. identify your funder under the "Project Details" tab, for instance:
3. link your DMP Tool account to your ORCID profile via the DMP Tool "3rd party applications" page
4. plan is not a mock project for testing, practice, or educational purposes
Once the above steps are satisfied, you can click the Register button to register for an ID for your plan. The DMP records will be added to your ORCID profile. You may also remove the record from your ORCID profile.
If you have registered for a DMP ID for your DMP, a "Follow-Up" tab will appear.
Under the "Follow-Up" tab, you may add the DOIs of your research outputs to your DMP in order to increase the visibility of the outputs.
The research outputs could be: article, book, dataset, paper, preprint, preregistration, protocol, software, or supplementary information.
Increasing the visibility of your research outputs can enhance your research impact. You can show your works in different platform by the followings: