No free user account is needed to be set up to read or download PDF files from ProView.
Unlimited Concurrent Users
To access the ProView™, CUHK users can search the term “proview” under Books tab on CUHK Library Catalogue OR access through A-Z Databases by Law page and then select “Thomson Reuters Law ProView Hong Kong Law e-books”.
1. To access the ProView™ database of all available titles, CUHK users can search by the term "proview" under LibrarySearch tab on CUHK Library Homepage.
2. Click Online Access to proceed.
3. Click ProView.
4. Choose a title to read by clicking a book cover.
5. Select a chapter to review from Table on Contents. You may also search content by keywords on search box.
6. Highlight the text you wish to open in pdf and then click “share”.
7. If you would like to download a page in pdf, click to select “Current Page view” and then “Next” to create.
8. By selecting settings icon , you may change font, text size and line spacing etc.
To read ProView ebooks from Westlaw Asia, please do the following:
1. Click ProView tab
2. Click “Take me to my ProView Digital Library”
3.Check off “Web Browser” box
4. Check off “Access by IP” box
5. You can select “Remember MyChoice” – you will not be asked to check off the boxes again
6. Click “Launch ProView”
7. Click on an ebook cover for reading full text.