Do you know what is the most critical skill to succeed in your university studies and in conducting outstanding research?
It is all related to an important competence: Information Literacy (InfoLit, IL). That is how to find, evaluate and use information wisely.
InfoLit for U, a self-paced, non-credit bearing MOOC designed by the library of all 8 UGC-funded universities in Hong Kong, is suitable for students in all years of undergraduate study.
The course includes two main parts: "Inquiry & Research" Module and 8 Discipline related elective modules.
"Inquiry & Research" Module
In this "Not only search skills: What is InfoLit for U - study & career?", you will learn how to use information for university-level inquiry work through 5 sections:
• Think & plan: the "Info Needs" of your research
• Don't find answers: Search for ideas to develop ideas
• Not just filter: Evaluate ideas to form new ideas
• Never list them: Connect ideas to create your own idea
• Stay hungry: Join & learn from communities
With the 8 discipline-related elective modules, each one designed by a participating university library, dive deeper into the journey and they will help you to find, evaluate, and create high-quality outputs for tasks relating to the following disciplines:
An achievement certificate will be issued by this MOOC if participants successfully complete the “Check your understanding” questions of the "Inquiry & Research" module plus at least one of the 8 discipline-related modules with 70% or above correct rate.
1. To start: https://account.keep.edu.hk/account/signup
2. Click "University account" at the bottom
3. Click "University account" at the bottom
4. Choose “The Chinese University of Hong Kong” and click "Select“
5. You will be prompted to log in with your CUHK login
6. Create your own username
7. Click “Accept”. Your KEEP Account is created
8. Search "InfoLit for U" and enroll!