Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Citing References - APA
APA (American Psychological Association) style is one of the common citation styles for referencing:
- APA Style Guide from Purdue Online Writing Lab
The resource provides the American Psychological Association (APA) citation and format style. It contains resources on in-text citation and the References page, as well as APA sample papers, slide presentations, and the APA classroom poster.
- You may also read the Citation style recommendations / guidelines for other disciplines from the University.
Recommended Learning Resources
Cyranoski, D. (2014). Acid bath offers easy path to stem cells. Nature, 505(7485), 596-596.
Cyranoski, D. (2014). Cell-Induced Stress. Nature, 511(7508), 140-143.
Cyranoski, D. (2014). Stem-cell scientists mourn loss of brain engineer. Nature. doi: 10.1038/nature.2014.15679.
For writing the review paper:
Prof. HUANG Bo
Dr. HUANG Yefang, Lucy
- Dawson T., Perryman A. & Osborne T. (2016). Modelling Impacts of Climate Change on Global Food Security, Climatic Change, 134, 429-440.
- Fullbrook, D. (2010). Food as security. Food Security, 2(1), 5-20.
- Rehber, E. (2012). Food for thought: “Four Ss with one F”: Security, safety, sovereignty, and shareability of Food. British Food Journal, 114(2-3), 353-371.
- Ingram, J. (2011). A food systems approach to researching food security and its interactions with global environmental change. Food Security, 3(4), 417-431.
Prof. LAI Yuk Fo, Derrick
- Bajželj, B., Richards, K.S., Allwood, J.M., Smith, P., Dennis, J.S., Curmi, E., & Gilligan, C.A. (2014). Importance of food-demand management for climate mitigation. Nature Climate Change, 4, 924-929.
- Grimm, N. B., Chapin, F. S., Bierwagen, B., Gonzalez, P., Groffman, P. M., Luo, Y., Melton, F., Nadelhoffer, K., Pairis, A., Raymond, P. A., Schimel, J. and Williamson, C. E. (2013), The impacts of climate change on ecosystem structure and function. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, 11, 474–482. doi:10.1890/120282.
- Kennedy, C. A., Ibrahim, N., & Hoornweg, D. (2014). Low-carbon infrastructure strategies for cities. Nature Climate Change, 4, 343-346.
Dr. LEE Wai Ying, Joanna
- Choi, W. Kimburley (2010): Constructing a decolonized world city for consumption: discourses on Hong Kong Disneyland and their implications. Social Semiotics, 20(5), 573-592.
- Samara, Tony Roshan. (2015). Politics and the social in world-class cities: Building a Shanghai model. Urban Studies, 52(15), 2906-2921.
- Short, J., Breitbach, C., Buckman, S. and Essex, J. (2000) From world cities to gateway cities: Extending the boundaries of globalization theory. City, 4(3), 317-340.
Prof. LEE Fung, Harry
- Lee, H.F., Fei, J., Chan, C.Y.S., Pei, Q., Jia, X., & Yue, R.P.H. (2017). Climate change and epidemics in Chinese history: A multi-scalar analysis. Social Science & Medicine, 174, 53-63.
- Lee, H.F., Zhang, D.D., Pei, Q., & Fei, J. (2016). Downscaling and disaggregating NAO-conflict nexus in pre-industrial Europe. Chinese Geographical Science, 26(5), 609-622.
Prof. Lawal MARAFA
- Farrel, B. H., & Runyan, D. (1991) Ecology and tourism. Annals of Tourism Research, 18(1), 26-40.
- Jansen-Verbeke, M., & Dietvorst, A. (1987). Leisure, recreation and tourism: A geographic view on integration. Annals of Tourism Research, 14(3), 361-75.
- Weaver, B. B. (2005). Mass and urban ecotourism: New manifestations of an old concept. Tourism Recreation Research, 30(1), 19-26.
Prof. NG Mee Kam
- Bina, O. (2013). The green economy and sustainable development: an uneasy balance? Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, 31, 1023-1047.
- Bulkeley, H. (2006). Urban sustainability: Learning from best practice? Environment and Planning A, 38, 1029-1044.
- Connelly, S. (2007). Mapping Sustainable Development as a Contested Concept. Local Environment, 12(3), 259–278.
- *For reference, NOT for paper review:
Ng, M.K. (2007). Reporting sustainability in Hong Kong and the Central and Western District. Hong Kong, China: Sustainability Development Council and the University of Hong Kong.
Prof. NG Sai Leung
- Dowling, R. (2011). Geotourism’s global growth. Geoheritage, 3, 1-13.
- Ng, S. L., Li, J., Fang, S., & Ng, Y. C. Y. (2010). Geodiversity and geoconservation in Hong Kong. Asian Geographer, 27(1-2), 1-11.
- Ng, Y. C. Y., Fung, L.W., & Newsome, D. (2010). Hong Kong geopark – uncovering the geology of a metropolis. In D. Newsome, & R. Dowling (Eds.), Global geotourism perspectives (pp. 179-191). Oxford, UK: Good Fellow Publishers.
Prof. SHEN Jianfa
Dr. WONG Kwan Kit, Frankie
- Miller, R. B., & Small, C. (2003). Cities from space: potential applications of remote sensing in urban environmental research and policy. Environmental Science & Policy, 6(2), 129-137.
- Donnay, J.-P., Barnsley, M. J., & Longley, P. A. (2001). Remote sensing and urban analysis. In J.-P. Donnay, M. J. Barnsley & P. A. Longley (Eds.), Remote sensing and urban analysis (pp. 2-14). New York, NY: Taylor & Francis.
- Taubenböck, H., Esch, T., Wurm, M., Heldens, W., & Dech, S. (2010). From earth observation to urban planning in cities. Paper presented at the PLUREL Conference, 19-22 October, 2010, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Prof. XU Jiang
- Bos, R., Coffeng, G., & Lee, S. M. Y. (2012). Accessibility based planning in the Netherlands: Better, faster, together. Paper presented at 48th ISOCARP Congress, 10-13 September, 2012, Perm, Russia.
- Williams, K. (2017). Chapter 1: Spatial planning, urban form and sustainable transport: An introduction. In K. Williams (Ed.), Spatial planning, urban form and sustainable transport (pp. 1-13). UK: Routledge.
- Wang, J. J., & Chan, C. (2007). Public transit in Hong Kong: Does it help the poor? In A. Laquian, V. Tewari, & H. M. Lisa (Eds.), The inclusive city, infrastructure and public services for the urban poor in Asia (pp. 171-196). Baltimore, MD: The Johns Hopkins University Press.
Prof. XU Yuan
- Erickson, W. P., Wolfe, M. M., Bay, K. J., Johnson, D. H., & Gehring, J. L. (2014). A Comprehensive Analysis of Small-Passerine Fatalities from Collision with Turbines at Wind Energy Facilities. Plos One, 9(9).
- Nordelof, A., Messagie, M., Tillman, A. M., Soderman, M. L., & Van Mierlo, J. (2014). Environmental impacts of hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and battery electric vehicles-what can we learn from life cycle assessment? International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment, 19(11), 1866-1890.
- Gautier, D. L., Bird, K. J., Charpentier, R. R., Grantz, A., Houseknecht, D. W., Klett, T. R. Wandrey, C. J. (2009). Assessment of Undiscovered Oil and Gas in the Arctic. Science, 324(5931), 1175-1179.
Prof. YIM Hung Lam Steve
- Chan, C. K., & Yao, X. (2008). Air pollution in mega cities in China. Atmospheric Environment, 42(1), 1-42.
- Zhong, L. J., Louie, P. K. K., Zheng, J. Y., Yuan, Z. B., Yue, D. L., Ho, J. W. K., & Lau, A. K. H. (2013). Science policy interplay: Air quality management in the Pearl River Delta region and Hong Kong. Atmospheric Environment, 76, 3-10.
- Eliasson, I. (2000). The use of climate knowledge in urban planning. Landscape and Urban Planning, 48(1-2), 31-44.