CINAHL Complete is the world’s largest source of full text for nursing and allied health journals, and provides full text for more than 1,300 journals indexed in CINAHL. It also provides indexing for more than 4,000 journals, and provides additional nursing and allied health research material including health care books, select conference proceedings, evidence-based care sheet and quick lesson disease overviews.
Access CINAHL Complete
The Advanced Search screen offers more ways to search authors, titles, keywords etc and offers CINAHL Headings mapping.
1. Enter your keywords in the text box.
2. You can choose a specific field from the drop-down menu to search, e.g. Title or Author. The default fields for undefined searches consist of the following: Title, Abstract and Subject headings. If you don't need to map your search term for Subject Headings, press Search.
3. To map for CINAHL Headings, check the Suggest Subject Terms checkbox and press Search.
If CINAHL Headings can be mapped for your keywords, a list of Headings is shown.
4. Select the Heading(s) to search.
5. Select Subheadings of the Heading to search for or include all Subheadings.
6. Press the Search Database link to search.
7. Check Explode box if you want to include the Heading and all of its more specific terms in the searching.
8. Check Major Concept box if you want to limit your search to those articles in which the Heading is considered as the major point of the article.
Combine & Limit Searches
9. Check the boxes to combine search strategies.
10. Combine the selected searches using AND, OR Boolean operators.
11. Click View Results link to display the results at the bottom.
12. You can limit your search results by year, publication type or language, etc. Click the Edit icon to display the limiting options.
View & Output Results
13. Full text may be available as PDF for some article records.
14. For those records without full text provided, press the External Link Icon to check for availability of full text.
15. You can view the article abstract by mouse-over the lens icon.
16. Press the +Folder icon to add the record to folder, the icon will change when item is added.
17. To export the records in folder, click the Folder View link.
18.Choose individual record(s) or check the Select All box to select all records in folder.
19. Click the icon to email, save or export selected records to citation management tools, e.g. RefWorks.